Sunday, July 25, 2010

Facing the past to get rid of the past......




This week has become one of my biggest trials yet. Those who know what ive been through the last month can kind of relate. I havent been able to sleep all that much and its mainly because the adversary sometimes has his way of getting to you. I had some dreams of the past "Chase" who just wasn't an all good person. I made so many mistakes back in the day, and i just keep having the re-occuring dream.

I asked myself if i have even made a change over this past year and nine months, cuz when i left, i left so many people that i loved, and so many diff. things, but what i thought i left behind was my past. When i left it was the past that i was trying to escape. i hope this doesnt sound all emo and stuff just hear me out lol.... anyways it was so great thinking that i would go on my mission and then im a brand new person in a brand new cause, preaching the gospel and bringing to these people the very thing that i really needed. God says that he will remember our sins no more after the repentance process, but that doesn't mean that we wont remember them, as a reminder of the pain that it had caused us back in the day. And unfortunately for me its been something that i had been dwelling on. So about two nights ago my house mates and I were talking about an appointment that they just came from. It was this guy who just had the spirit of debate, which for us we think we are all tight you know with studying the scriptures and what not, and believe or not us missionaries sometimes have pride issues lol, that something we try to overcome in the mission lol... anyways, and my house mate was so upset that this man had stumped him in the scriptures, the man was so sure that Jehovah is not Jesus Christ of the NEw Testament, and the guy threw out about 3--4 scriptures proving it in the bible. And so when my house mate came home he marched straight upstairs and whipped out his "Day of Defense" and started strategically finding away to beat this guy to the ground (spiritually speaking lol) anyways then he turned to me and asked me how i would approach this guy considering the situation. I sat for about 5 min. and thought about and then i said, " Of course i would direct it to the Restoration of the Gospel" and then he was like "HOW?!!" then i told him this is what i would say......

Bro do you love your wife? and of course he would say yes, then i would ask him how do you know that you love your wife? and the answer that i know that i would say is because i would feel in my heart whether or not i had true love for someone. and with that then we would need to invite him to know through his heart whether or not what we say is true, and whether or not Joseph Smith is a true prophet, and then when we know that we can look to the revelations of the prophets whether or not Jehovah of the Old Testament is the Jesus Christ of the New..... Its all based on the that pure revelation that comes in your heart. sometimes i think we take that gift of revelation for granted, i know i do from time to time. Anyways when i gave that advice my house mate put down the "Day of Defense" and decided to pray about it...... i then i made a realization that i have made a change in my life. I actually care more about people. People who know me and my life growing up can agree i didn't live the life of the "1950's T.V. family" and all but i think then by the time i get home, im going to be something of a new person, the same personality of "chase cha.co comrie" but more mature, and i have a clean slate. Im going to include some pics of my adventure to keep you guys updated on how im doing and what things are going on for the next three months..... i love you guys and sometimes we have to face the past to get rid of the past i know that i have..... one of my favorite books is "Les Miserables" by Victor Hugo and his character Jean ValJean also known as Father Madeleine had to make a choice to face his past to erase his past, and though it caused him to lose some material things, he had the clean slate that he needed, and the truth set him free.... i hope this one wasnt boring or nothing, and i hope that i can get some emails from you guys before i head home..... its been way good and life is a treat that we need to feast on.....

good tymes later days
one love vegas skies

chaser

2 comments:

  1. Chase. love the blog. love you. Listen. You need to not stress about the mistakes you've made. It is what it is, and you are doing great NOW and that's all that matters!! If by some weird chance, you go home and make a couple mistakes, so what! You're supposed to! You can't live your life without making bad choices. You just have to do your best and remember what is most important to you. You are a great person and everyone who knows you LOVES you. ESPECIALLY the hodson fam.
    love you man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my amazing brother i love him dearly and he knows that. He was really sick but hes a fighter and he got through it. I love you chase dont worry about that anymore just come home and be you thats what its all about. love the way you want to be loved. ONE LOVE

    ReplyDelete