Sunday, August 8, 2010

They need us, they need us.....

Hey all you guys its me again, just throwing out the shout of the week, i hope all you guys are followin well and haven't gotten bored of the whole blog, cuz its a chance for me to keep you on point of what the latest is in my life, and hopefully have a message that will influence your week like it has influenced mine.


anyways this week was filled with all kinds of news, heartbreaks and spritiual feelings. we had our interviews with our mission president this week and it was definately the one-on-one time that every missionary is looking forward too every transfer. and then he was talking about college stuff and we got to talking, by the end of the interview, he told me that i would be going home in October instead of November so that i can properly prepare to go to college as soon as possible. So the big surprise which is extremely "bitter-sweet" is that i will be home on Oct.12th instead of Nov. 17th. which gives me about two months till i head home isn't that crazy?
Anyways other then that the week went really good, i had to give a talk on Sunday and it was real fun we had only 42 people in attendance but i think i had at least 40 of them laughin and then feeling the spirit of what i was saying, the other two were new borns so it was all good sometimes its a tough crowd. I was thanked so much for the message that i had, and then later on that day we had two of the recent converts/melchizedeck priesthood holders come work with us to help bring these sleeping giants(inactives) back to their senses ya know....

other things that took place as you can see in my lovely pics this week is we went to the WWII memorial for the Cabanatuan Death March. We did that earlier this morning. And me I'm this history buff as is but i only know so little of the Death March. All i know was that these people (americans and filipino together) made a choice to make the world a better place. These Men made such a great difference and influence in the culture of the philippines and the world because of that "choice". This is kinda where my message leaves us this week. I try to figure out what God the Father and Jesus Christ are trying to teach me, you know the things that are going to pick me up and make me go. Well this week was definately about the "Freedom to Choose". I want to talk a lil about those choices that we make, and how we can choose to be somethin' great in the end, and always come out on top.
I don't know if you are into hiphop or not or rap, not the stupid stuff that talks about, gettin drunk in the club or anything like that, but the lyrical geniuses of our age that actually put words on paper inspired people to become something or make a change, but don't get shocked if i throw out a couple quotes that have inspired me to become better and see a different perspective in life. Nas teaches " I know I can, be what i want to be, if i work harder, then ill be where i wanna be." We all have a choice to be what we wanna be, we don't even quite recognize the true potential that our Father in Heaven has placed in all of us. Heavenly Father doesn't want us all to be the average Joe's of the life, the average gardener, the trash man, or livin paycheck to paycheck everyday. There is a quote from one of my fav. books that says that not all of us can be rockstars, we need people to do the small petty jobs in life, and the main character says thats true but i don't mean rockstars like us, i mean everybody should be a rockstar in what they do.(The poet in exile by ray manzerek). thats what Nas is talkin about when he says that we just need to get out of the standard of the world and be what we want to be, and Heavenly father tells us " to be in the world but not of the world."
"And still i see no changes, i wake in the mornin and i ask myself, is life worth livin or should i blast myself..." sound familiar to you, thats one of america's most famous poets of all time, he goes by the name of "2pac shakur." he says that there is a choice and are we going to make that change, that should be "the way it is." Look my favorite thing in my mission and my life is to inspire people to look deep down inside, and see the potential that is within, and realize that the greats of this life made it where they were at was because they chose too. I choose grateness. I choose to be the one who is in control of my life, and im not going to let outside things affect who i am on the inside, thats how satan works, but if you follow the light of the world, he works from the inside out, and then push out all the things getting in our way of reachin the tree of life. ya digg.

i hope you learned something here. that it all starts with a choice. I want to do something in my life that is going to change or make a lasting effect on the world. "Heroes get remembered, but legends never die" (The sandlot) so lets make a choice and be legendary in all that we do. Because for me i choose greatness.

love ya'll and i hope to hear from you all soon, and ill see you all in OCTOBER

good tymes later days
one love vegas skies

chaser





chance isn't this devasting geezz... i cnt believe this kick push and coast

1 comment:

  1. Wow brother thats awsome I cant wait for you to come home. Im so stoked to have you come home. whats up with that skateboard sign thats dissapointing I havent actually skated hard in a few months I can still stick a bunch of tricks tho it super sick miss you tons love you bruddah

    ReplyDelete